Popular Resistance published an article on the Six Ways TPP Opponents Have Won, Even As Fast Track Advances. Here’s a summary:
1. A diverse progressive coalition showed that people power can put up a real fight against big money.
2. The battle exposed deep divisions within the United States, empowering allies in other countries.
3. The showdown drove a shift in the discourse.
4. Labor unions made strong vows to punish pro-fast track Democrats.
5. The strong opposition to Obama’s trade agenda augurs well for other progressive fights.
6. The demands to see the secret text got some results.
Read the full article here.